American Specialty is a leading, nationally-recognized Sports, Leisure & Entertainment insurance organization serving clients in professional sports, amateur sports, motorsports, leisure and entertainment industries. We are expanding our Risk Services team and are recruiting for a new Risk Services Associate to join our successful team!
This position will be primarily responsible for managing and analyzing claims data resulting from insured’s liability and property claims, report development, and conducting required research in support of Risk Service’s strategic objective of reducing losses across our market segments.
The successful candidate will have one or more years’ experience in a Sports, Leisure, or Entertainment related field, and/or hold a Risk Management & Insurance degree. This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) status position with benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchase Program with automatic 15% share discount. This role will report to the Executive Vice President of Risk Services.
• Review individual claim files to determine causation.
• Review loss reports to ensure correct coding is reflected.
• Develop Claim Analysis Reports for American Specialty’s program segments and individual insureds.
• Perform routine research to stay vigilant of latest industry-related trends, safety or security concerns, new technology, etc.
• Develop understanding of the industry standards, best practices, and compliance requirements for the various programs American Specialty serves.
• Any additional duties as directed by Risk Services leadership.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this role successfully, the role-holder must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. In addition, the requirements and skills reflected below are representative of the
knowledge, skill level, and abilities needed to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following requirements and attributes are essential:
• One or more years’ experience within a Sports, Leisure or Entertainment related field, AND/OR hold a Risk Management & Insurance degree.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Work product accuracy.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office with an excellent command of Excel (i.e. ability to work in large spreadsheets, develop pivot tables, graphs, charts etc.)
• Aptitude to adapt quickly to proprietary internal software program.
• Capacity to work independently, but also thrive in - and contribute to - a team setting.
• Desire to increase knowledgebase in insurance, risk management and safety and security fields.
• Professional disposition with ambition, solid work ethic and ability to effectively work with and alongside people at all levels.