American Specialty Insurance & Risk Services Is Seeking an Experienced Auto & General Liability Claims Adjuster to Join Our Fort Wayne, Indiana Team.
American Specialty is a leading, nationally-recognized Sports, Leisure & Entertainment insurance organization serving clients in the professional sports, amateur sports, motorsports, leisure and entertainment industries.
We are currently in search of an experienced Auto and General Liability Claims Adjuster with five or more (3+) years of relative claims adjusting expertise to add to our team. This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits.
This individual will provide claims handling service for both Auto and General Liability risks and is responsible for successfully managing the day-to-day activities from a claim's inception through its conclusion.
Our Claims Adjusters serve as the primary liaison between American Specialty, the Insurance Carrier, the Insured and the Claimant. Liaison duties include managing effective and timely communication between all parties and maintaining an accurate, up-to-date claim file diary documenting all required servicing-related activities.
Upon successful completion of the onsite development and training period, this individual will have the option to observe a 3/2 hybrid schedule (working 3 days in office and 2 days from home).
Adjusting both Auto and General Liability claims, which function includes the following:
• A strong knowledge of auto and general liability insurance coverage with the ability to interpret policies, formulate accurate coverage opinions and prepare coverage letters
• Conduct thorough investigations.
• Calculate injury/reserve evaluations.
• Actively create and implement file strategies, management of litigation and appropriate resolution of claims. This includes attendance at mediations, arbitrations and settlement conferences.
• Timely and accurate communication with all parties involved in the management/overview of files. This requires being an active and productive part of the teamwork process.
• A strong ability to interpret contracts for opportunities of risk transference.
To perform this role successfully, this individual must exhibit a high level of ability to perform each task above and to do so accurately and independently. We’re looking for someone who takes pride in their work and wants to make a strong contribution to our current team of highly skilled adjusters. In addition, the requirements and skills reflected below are representative of the knowledge, skill level, and abilities required to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Five or more (3+) years of Auto and General Liability Claims Adjusting experience
• Active Adjuster licenses in required states (including New York)
• Analytical skills for coverage determination
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook/Excel/Word programs and ability to adapt quickly to proprietary internal software programs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Prioritize and balance heavy workloads when needed
• Maintain confidentiality
• Work product accuracy
• Ability to work independently, but thrive in a team setting
• Effectively work with/alongside people at all levels