American Specialty is a leading, nationally-recognized Sports, Leisure & Entertainment insurance organization serving clients in professional sports, amateur sports, motorsports, leisure and entertainment industries. We are expanding our Client Services team and are recruiting for a new Associate Business Development Leader to join our successful team!
The role of the Associate Business Development Leader ("BDL") is a foundational sales role within our Client Services department. The Associate BDL will develop and perform their role under the guidance of a dedicated Business Development Leader. This individual will learn the critical fundamentals of our sales processes through daily education and by assisting the dedicated BDL with organizing and processing all phases of assigned renewal accounts. The Associate BDL will also engage in the process of prospecting for new business leads and take on other assigned projects to further develop the required technical knowledgebase and skill set needed to successfully serve the market segments we serve. The Associate Business Development Leader may operate under assigned revenue goals alongside the supervising Business Development Leader. In addition, this role will assist in promoting the specialty insurance industry's awareness of the American Specialty brand, products and services in an engaging and professional manner.
• Assist with the development and processing of renewal business accounts as assigned.
• Assist with identifying qualifying prospects across market segments and within dedicated BDLs assigned territory.
• Assist with the development of the insurance proposal to the broker.
• Learn to interpret feedback from brokers and develop suggestions to modify/enhance terms in order to successfully write the account in accordance with underwriting goals.
• Evaluate service requests from brokers/clients and determine the best method to respond in compliance with company's and standard industry protocols.
• Any other job-related duties as may be assigned by dedicated Business Development Leader.
To perform this role successfully individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. In addition, the requirements and attributes reflected below are representative of the knowledge, skill level, and abilities needed to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education/Prior Experience/Licensing
• Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance & Risk Management, Sales, or Business Management field preferred
• Possess or obtain Indiana Property & Casualty and Life & Health licenses upon hire
Other Skills & Abilities
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel and ability to quickly adapt to internal proprietary software programs.
• Highly effective communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation.
• Inherent desire to learn, succeed and achieve assigned goals.
• Problem-solving abilities.
• Desire to develop sales-oriented persuasion and negotiation skills.
• Analytical skills to understand coverage details and underwriting guidelines.
• Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with brokers/clients, and to also develop strong working relationships across internal functional areas.
• Organization and effective time management skills to succeed in a fast-paced sales environment.
• Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and guidance.
• Possess team spirit.
• Polished, ambitious professional with strong work ethic and ability and desire to effectively work with and alongside people at all levels.
This position requires routine or periodic travel which may require teammate to drive their own vehicle or a rental vehicle. Acceptable results of a Motor Vehicle Record report at the time of hire, and periodically thereafter, and maintenance of minimum acceptable insurance coverages, are a requirement of this position.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully thrive and perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the teammate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger and handle controls, and to talk or hear. The teammate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The teammate is occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop. The teammate must regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds of weight. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.