The following lists the operational adjustments we encourage our Sports, Leisure and Entertainment facilities to consider as they reopen their businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. It is important to note that many of these considerations may change as government guidelines, industry standards and continued guidance from medical professionals evolve. As you develop your reopening plans, it is critical that you ensure your practices are compliant with federal, state, and local laws and government regulations. Reviewing your plans with legal counsel is always recommended.
COVID-19 Reopening Overview
The first step in reopening your business is to strictly adhere to all federal, state and local guidelines. The second step is for you to implement these guidelines in a way that makes sense for your specific business type, as well as adhering to the standards of your industry.
The following outlines the three primary COVID-19 measures Sports, Leisure and Entertainment businesses should focus on before reopening:
1. How to ensure employees and patrons are virus-free at the time of reopening.
2. How to prevent/minimize the continued exposure of the virus to employees and patrons after reopening to the public.
3. What are the needed protocols and written policies/procedures your business will implement to ensure you can effectively manage the above concerns?
Industry Specific Guidelines
- Cycling - Return to Riding Checklist
- Dance Studio Reopening Checklist
- Fair/Festival Reopening Checklist
- FEC Reopening Checklist
- Gaming Facility Reopening Checklist
- Gymnastics Facility Reopening Checklist
- Health Club Reopening Checklist
- Ice Rink Reopening Checklist
- Martial Arts School Reopening Checklist
- Movie Theater Reopening Checklist
- Volleyball - Return to Play Checklist
- Youth Baseball/Softball - Return to Play Checklist
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 is changing rapidly, and current resources should be monitored for up-to-date information. The following is a list of useful references:
1. The World Health Organization - https://www.who.int/
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - https://www.cdc.gov/
3. Guidelines for Opening Up America Again - https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/
4. The White House official coronavirus website - https://www.coronavirus.gov/
5. OSHA – Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf
6. U.S. Chamber of Commerce - Coronavirus Response & Resources - https://www.uschamberfoundation.org/reports/coronavirus-response-resources/
7. State governments have been keeping their websites up do date with the latest coronavirus-related guidance and regulations. To find the link to your state’s official government website - https://www.usa.gov/states-and-territories/
8. Arch Insurance Employer Resources - View
9. RIMS (The Risk Management Society) – Coronavirus Information Center - https://www.rims.org/covid-19/
10. IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks & Attractions) – COVID-19 Reopening Guidance - https://www.iaapa.org/sites/default/files/2020-05/IAAPA_COVID-19_ReopeningGuidance_rev1_final.pdf
The information provided above is considered “suggested guidelines” only. It is intended to help your business be prepared in the event the guidelines become requirements of your state during the COVID-19 reopening plan.