American Specialty Insurance & Risk Services Is In Search of a Policy Issuance Specialist/Underwriting Technician to Join Our Fort Wayne, Indiana Team!
American Specialty is a leading, nationally-recognized Sports, Leisure & Entertainment insurance organization serving clients in professional sports, amateur sports, motorsports, leisure and entertainment industries. We are currently in search of an experienced Policy Issuance/Underwriting Technician professional to support our Underwriting team.
The position will be working in support of one or more assigned Underwriters, and responsibilities will include: issuing policies and endorsements, preparing underwriting submissions for review, preparing proposals and binders, invoicing successful business and servicing existing accounts on a day-to-day basis.
This role reports to the Policy Services Director and may be assigned additional projects to those outlined above.
• Issuance of underwriting authority policies and endorsements. Maintain system documentation to support the policy issue process. All policies and endorsements must be issued as bound and within the timeframe defined within American Specialty’s underwriting authority agreement. Success is measured by the degree of accuracy of policies and endorsements issued/delivered to the insured.
• Format proposals, binders, complete auto ID cards and other state reporting for Insured vehicles, request invoices from Finance.
• Process and service premium bearing and non-premium bearing endorsements, including rating, completion of sign-off, requesting invoices for any premium-bearing endorsements, and interaction with the Finance and Compliance Departments.
• Clerical assistance to Underwriters with data entry and serving as telephone back up.
• Participate in underwriting training sessions to establish and develop an understanding of the underwriting process.
SUPPLEMENTAL FUNCTIONS (as time allows):
• Set up renewal and new accounts according to departmental procedures.
• Rate submissions for designated lines of business, including commercial general liability, auto, inland marine, and property coverage, under the direction of the assigned Underwriter.
• Develop information necessary for Underwriter for submissions (e.g. create Underwriting Narrative format, ASURAM preparation, ride listings, schedule of events, statement of values, vehicle list).
• Any other job-related duties as assigned by the Underwriting Tech Manager.
To perform this role successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. In addition, the requirements and skills reflected below are representative of the knowledge, skill level, and abilities needed to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Two+ years of experience in insurance-related customer service position is preferred, but not required.
• General knowledge of ISO policy forms including manuscript coverage forms.
• Active Property & Casualty license is preferred, or alternatively, license must be successfully obtained upon hire.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Computer technologies: proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word and ability to adapt quickly to proprietary internal software programs.
• Strong attention to detail; accuracy is critical.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Keen problem-solving skills.
• Solid oral and communication skills.
• Ability to work individually under minimal supervision, but with a sense of team-spirit.
• Professional with ambition, solid work ethic and ability to effectively work with and alongside people at all levels.