- Responsible for the development and successful acquisition of new and renewal business revenue from new and existing agency clients. Use judgment to determine how to identify the best agency prospects within assigned territory. Evaluate and select the best touchpoints (phone call, email, video call, personal visit, etc.) to pursue and create interest in each identified agency or client prospect.
- Achievement of annual new and renewal production goals will hinge upon the ability to build relationships, determine agency potential, cross-sell available programs, and increase agency production (adding new agencies and going deeper with existing agencies). Monthly calling of an established new business plan ("pipeline") is required, along with identifying new prospects to add to the pipeline on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluate each new prospect to determine if it meets American Specialty's target market and underwriting standards. Work with Underwriters to provide necessary information and guidance to the development of insurance proposals.
- Success is determined by possessing thorough knowledge of the requirements within the sports, leisure, and entertainment industry, so that American Specialty's program development is enhanced and accelerated and by the ability to identify client needs and current pain points.
- Determine the most effective manner to present the insurance proposal to the agent and/or prospect. Be sensitive to feedback from agents/prospects and suggest modifications/enhancements in order to successfully write the account in accordance with Underwriting goals.
- Program success is determined by profitable business in accordance with American Specialty's established guidelines, as well as the individual attainment of the production criteria established by American Specialty.
- Evaluate service requests from developed agents and determine the best method to respond in compliance with standard industry protocols.
- Success is measured by the strict adherence to company standards and by the degree of service provided to American Specialty's clients and qualified agents.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by EVP/Chief Marketing Officer.
To perform this role successfully, this individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily. In addition, the requirements and skills reflected below are representative of the knowledge, skill level and abilities required to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Insurance & Risk Management, or other relevant field (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Business Management, etc.) OR two+ years of commercial insurance sales expertise
- Proficient technical knowledgebase
- Active Indiana Property & Casualty and Life & Health licenses is preferred, or alternatively must successfully obtain licenses within three months of hire date
- Routine travel is required to visit new and existing agency relationships within assigned territory
- Infectious, positive attitude
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel and ability to adapt quickly to internal proprietary software programs
- Highly-effective communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Analytical skills to understand complex coverage details and underwriting guidelines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective/existing agents, in addition to developing strong working relationships across all functional areas of the company
- Organization and effective time management skills to succeed in a largely autonomous, fast-paced sales environment
- Ability to work efficiently independently, under moderate supervision and guidance, but also demonstrate a sense of team spirit
- Polished, ambitious professional with strong work ethic and ability to effectively work with/alongside people at all levels